It's officially summer and time to make your house and home party proof. Get the annoying stuff out of the way to you can enjoy the sun (once it shows up)
Some handy tips ...................
- Inspect siding for cracks and make sure there is no easy access points for the little critters
- If paint is peeling, cracking, or chipped, repair and repaint now.
- Repair any damaged caulking around windows and doors.
- Remove window screens and clean with a soft brush and soapy water. Repair any holes or tears before reinstalling.
- Have air conditioning units serviced before turning them back on.
- Clear debris from gutters and eaves to allow rainwater to drain properly
- Seal cracks in the driveway and keep walkways clear of debris and overgrown plants
- Test irrigation/sprinkler systems and replace any broken sprinkler heads. Check for proper water coverage and adjust if necessary.
- Power wash decks and patios and seal surfaces as appropriate.
- Check for an signs of wasps nest starting to build up. You don't want your house to fill up with bees do you Care ??
- Vacuum refrigerator coils to help maintain energy efficiency.
- Empty dehumidifier pans and clean hoses according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- If possible, take area rugs outside and hang them over a deck or porch rail to air out.
- Adjust ceiling fans for proper balance.
- Change filters in window-mounted air conditioning units.
- Switch heavy bedding out for lightweight summer fabrics. Have the winter bedding cleaned before storing.
- Close the chimney flue to prevent insects from entering and to help keep cool air in.
- Repot houseplants to give their roots a fresh start for the summer.
- Check door and cabinet hinges and lubricate any that stick or squeak.
- Open windows on cooler days to keep fresh air flowing throughout the home.
Now fill up the coolers with ice and your favourite summer bevies. ENJOY !!!!!